Friday, August 26, 2011

A Whirlwind of Activity

No, this isn't a posting about a hurricane or tornado (though "Irene" is apparently heading towards the east coast... be kind to my friends). There's change a-comin' and I want to take it in stride. The first happened last week: my supervisor resigned. She's moving onto other opportunities and I wish her the best. So until her spot is filled (unfortunately I cannot go for it - I lack the required degree), I and my fellow Youth Services staff of 2 must make sure everything is in order -- and trust me, there's a lot going on right now. Oh, if only I had that degree.. oh wait, that leads me into another upcoming change. I'll be starting school. Next week. For that degree.
This coming Monday I start a graduate program through Kent State University in Library Science. I'm gonna be a li-berry-an. Right now I'm the next best thing (Library Assistant) in the children's dept for my local library. I plan on focusing in that area in school as well, but I will not limit myself to only that. I'm looking forward to the technical side of libraries, and as of right now, the idea of the information architecture and "User Experience" intrigues me.
I thought I had more going on right now, but I guess not. I'm looking forward to a beach vacation next week (Irene needs to not ruin that either), starting school (excited and nervous), and overall new possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment