Saturday, June 11, 2011

Getting on with it

So the other day at a friend's baby shower, I realized as I was catching up with friends, that I do indeed have a race coming up that I feel totally unprepared for. The mini-triathlon at the end of July. When the weather first turned I was out almost everyday jogging. It was great. Good weather; felt great. Then I increasingly stayed inside doing nothing and eating everything I shouldn't. Some of the time too, I fell victim to my own thoughts and brooded in a messy depressed state. I then had surgery, and couldn't go out running even if I wanted to (and crazily enough I wanted to.. or at least told myself I did.. how convenient, right?)
So, here we are a month after my surgery. I finally got back to the gym the other day. I've been out jogging the past few days, and I even (gasp) started light weight lifting to start to tone my muscles. I do feel it's in a way a sort of last-minute panic motivation.. but hey.. at least it's not last second. There are 60 seconds in a minute and I'm going to try to make the best of the little time I feel I have to 'train' for the race. Granted, like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm doing it to finish, not to win. Rather, I'm not racing against other ladies. I'm in competition with myself. And I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment